If you’re reading this, chances are your a dog owner. Sure, you might have other pets, but we all know that deep-down, that dog curled up on sofa is your favorite. Despite all the hair he’s gonna leave in his wake. And while we can likely all agree in principal that dogs are more fun to have around than cats, we decided it would be more even more fun if we have a list to prove it!
- Dogs are just plain smarter than cats. Even the far-from-sharpest pup can be taught a few good – and possibly even useful commands. Try that with your cat.
- Dogs rule when it comes to home security. Ever heard of a “watch cat?” Of course not. They’d probably let the burglar in your house if they thought he could work the can opener.
- Dogs love to play! Granted, their timing isn’t always perfect, but they’re ready whenever you are. Cats may grant you the pleasure of entertaining them occasionally – on their time.
- Cats make lousy running partners. Aside from that crazy old lady who tries to walk her cat, no one tries to take kitty out for a 5K. Dogs? They’re all, “just a 5K?”
- A dog knows when you’re feeling down and will try to cheer you up. Cats don’t care how you feel. They’ll come around when it’s time to get fed.
- Best. Greeters. Ever. Dogs will practically bowl you over with the wagging and licking when they meet you at the front door. Whether you’ve been gone 5 days or 15 minutes, they’re just as happy to see you.
- Dogs are great listeners. You can tell by the looks on their faces, they’re interested in what you’re saying. Cats, not so much.
- Dogs love to take a car ride with you. You’ve got to wrestle a cat into one of those carriers, then listen to the hissing and howling all the way.
- Dogs can do more. Guard dogs, service dogs, guide dogs, rescue dogs… the list goes on and on!
- Litter boxes. Need we say more?
We love all them furry critters. Of course, it’s all in fun. There’s always more great stuff to say about our pets – add them in the comments below!